Herbal remedies that have been shown to help with a common cold include:
1. Echinacea: Echinacea has been widely studied for its potential to reduce the duration and severity of cold symptoms.
2. Ginger: Ginger has been shown to help reduce symptoms of a cold, such as a sore throat, coughing, and congestion.
3. Peppermint: Peppermint has been used for centuries to help soothe cold symptoms, including nasal congestion and coughing.
4. Licorice Root: Licorice root has been used for centuries to help reduce inflammation and soothe sore throats.
5. Cinnamon: Cinnamon has been used to help reduce fever and congestion associated with colds.
6. Honey: Honey has been used for centuries as a natural cough suppressant and to help soothe sore throats.