An echo is an ultrasound of the heart that checks:
1. the blood vessels attached to the heart,
2. the heart's chambers,
3. heart valves,
4. heart walls.
The size and shape of your heart, and the size, thickness and movement of your heart’s walls is important to determine any problems.
The echo also checks:
1. The heart’s pumping strength,
2. If the heart valves are working correctly,
3. If blood is leaking backwards through your heart valves (regurgitation),
4. If the heart valves are too narrow (stenosis),
5. If there is a tumor or infectious growth around your heart valves.
You can book your echo here.